First Snap of the 2016 Season!
Please READ this entire email AND please share it with spouses, partners, and other family members!
- All games are played behind Dow High – same location as training camp.
- PARKING: We are visitors at Dow High, so please do NOT park on their grass. There is ample parking on the north side of the school. New in 2017: We DO have permission to park on the West end of the Lutheran Church grounds, but please be respectful and leave no trace.
- Please be sure your player has water, all equipment, is fed, and arrives fully dressed with his jersey tucked into his/her pants.
- We will always play in the rain, but will delay in the case of thunder and lightning. If there are storms in the area, please stay close to your player and provide shelter in your car (if needed).
- Only league approved coaches (with MAYFL Lanyards) and their players are allowed on the far side of the fields. All others must stay behind the second red stripe located between the two fields.
- No dogs allowed at Dow High.
- Please model good sportsmanship by supporting both teams, coaches, and officials. This is a teaching/learning league.
- Please do NOT leave any trash (we are guests).
- Concessions will be available.
- MAYFL Booster Car/Water Bottle Decal FINAL orders are due by the end of the second tier of games. Look for the Booster Club table. (Order Form Attached Below)
- MAYFL Day/Night at the Midland Buffalo Wild Wings is Wednesday, 9/20 – all day. The league will receive 20% of all sales that day. (Coupon Attached Below)
- New in 2017: The final two Prep teams and the final two Junior teams are expected to stay after the last game and clean their respective field/sidelines. This will rotate, so each team will do this after their final game. Please plan accordingly.
FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST TIME!!!
MAYFL - Midland Area Youth Football League
Each week someone will win a FREE MAYFL Camp Shirt (Youth Sizes) by simply posting an "ACTION PHOTO" to our Facebook Page from the previous weekend's game. Here is how it works:
- Post a picture to our MAYFL Facebook Page and we will “SHARE IT.”
- Tell your friends to "LIKE" the picture.
- The entry with the most "LIKES" (after the initial post through Wednesday at 10pm of that same week) will win the t-shirt.
- Each author can post multiple photos, but can only win once during the season.
- In the case of a tie, both will win a shirt.
- Contest ends on the Wednesday after the last game.
- Winners will be notified through Facebook.
- Winning photos may appear on the MAYFL.org website.